Probably you were having a good time having your coffee in your living room, and suddenly a phone call or anything else caught your attention & by accident, coffee got spilled on the carpet. So, now what to do? How to remove coffee stain from carpet?
First of all, it is important to bloat the spilled coffee from the carpet with the help of a paper towel or fiber cloth. Then, you need to arrange a few supplies, which will work as a cleaner & clean the spilled coffee. Cleaning the fresh coffee stain is easy, and the sooner you will clean it, the easier it will come off.
In this article, we will mention various ways to remove coffee stains from the carpet & even how to remove old coffee stains. So let’s get started!
How to remove coffee stains from carpet?
Here is the whole process of removing coffee stains from carpet in easy steps:
- Paper Towel
- Small Bowl
- Dish Soap
- Baking Soda
- Towel or Rag
- Vacuum Cleaner
1) Blot the Stain Quickly
Fast action is essential if you want to get the stain out entirely. Try to soak as much spilled coffee as you can. To stop the spill from spreading, dab it with a white cloth or paper towel and work your way in from the edges into the center of the stain.
Avoid rubbing the carpet, as this may cause the liquid to become stuck in the fibers. Once you’ve removed the majority of the stain, use cold water to dilute it by pouring it over the stain.
2) Make a Cleaner
Now, remove the coffee stain using a stain remover or a heavy-duty carpet cleaner. If you don’t have one at home, then you can easily make it. Take a small bowl and mix together 1 cup hydrogen peroxide and 1/2 teaspoon dish soap. You can also make a solution with 1 tbsp of dish soap, 1 tbsp vinegar, and two cups of warm water.
3) Apply the Cleaner on the Stain
Apply the solution on the stain, working from the outside in toward the center. Blot the stain to remove it from the carpet fibers using a dry cloth. Now, again blot the stain with a solution to remove any remaining stain.
If the stain is proving to be particularly difficult to remove, you can blot the area with the cleaning solution and let it for 5-10 minutes before proceeding to the next step.
For whatever stain removers you use, make sure to test a small area first to make sure it doesn’t damage the carpet fibers or bleach the carpet.
4) If the coffee has cream or sugar in it
In a new dish, the laundry detergent and warm water should be mixed together. When you mix the solution, you want it to be as smooth as possible. It will remove the stickiness of cream or sugar. Use it as you used cleaner.
5) Try Wet Vaccum
Soak the stained area with a cleaning solution using a sponge or rag. Allow it to sit on the stain for 10 minutes before vacuuming it up with the wet mode on your wet/dry vacuum. Repeat this process until the stain is completely sucked up from the carpet. If the stain is still there, then notch up the process.
6) Wash the Carpet
Remove any residual soap and vinegar combination or any other solution you used from the carpet by blotting with cold water and allowing it to air dry. When the area is wet, don’t walk on it for a while.
How to get old tea and coffee stains out of carpet?
You can even get old tea or coffees stains out of the carpet with some readily home available things. Just follow the step-by-step approach & at the end, your carpet will be stained free & look as new.
1) Wet the Stain
A little bit of warm water will help get the dried coffee or tea out. Using a dry, white cloth, blot the stain from the edges inward to prevent the color from soaking into the surrounding fibers, and repeat as necessary. As long as there is still coffee on the cloth, repeat the wetting and blotting process.
2) Make a Cleaner
One tablespoon of liquid dish detergent, one tablespoon of white vinegar, and two cups of warm water makes an efficient DIY coffee stain remover. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and whisk with a spoon.
3) Apply the Cleaner on the Stain
Use a fresh cloth to wipe on the cleaner. Work your way inwards from the stain’s edges. You may always go back and dip it in the bowl as needed. To remove the stain from the carpet fibers, use a dry towel to blot the area.
4) If the coffee had sweetener or cream in it
One capful of enzyme washing detergent and one cup of warm water should be used if the coffee is sweetened. Mix the solution, use it on the stain, & then bloat it with a fiber cloth.
5) Rinse the Carpet
With cool water, wash the carpet. It’s best to use a towel to remove as much water as possible and then let your carpet dry naturally.
Does hydrogen peroxide remove coffee stains from carpet?
Yes, you can use hydrogen peroxide to remove the coffee stains from the carpet. It will just take a few minutes to remove the coffee stain from the carpet. Remember that hydrogen peroxide is a strong chemical, so test it on a small part of the carpet to check if it does not affect or bleach the carpet.
Here’s how hydrogen peroxide can remove the coffee stains from the carpet:
- Combine 1 cup hydrogen peroxide and 1/2 teaspoon dish soap in a small bowl.
- Put the liquid solution on the carpet area.
- Using a sponge or light-colored cloth, dab the stain with the liquid cleaning solution.
- Allow the stain to settle for 5 to 10 minutes after applying the solution.
- Once the solution has had time to soak and perform its magic, absorb both the coffee and cleaning solution with a clean towel or paper towel.
- Then, thoroughly rinse the area to remove any residual solution or coffee particles using the water.
How to remove coffee stains from carpet with OxiClean?
Oxiclean is a great option to clean the coffee stain from carpet easily & effectively. You just need to have OxiClean in your place & you need no other cleaning solution for the coffee stains. Here’s how you can clean the carpet with oxyclean:
- Mix 1 tablespoon OxiClean with 1 cup warm water for spot cleaning.
- Distribute the mixture using a brush or similar and work it into the fibers of the carpet.
- Once the stain has been removed, use a piece of paper towel to dab the area.
- Repeat dabbing until the area is completely dry.
- Now, use clean water to clean the area thoroughly.
How to get coffee stains out of carpet with baking soda?
Baking soda can remove almost any carpet stain, including those that have been there for a long time. In order to effectively remove coffee stains from the carpet, you need to use baking soda with vinegar. Here’s how to do it:
- If there is a recent spill, use a paper towel to soak up as much liquid as possible.
- Fill a spray bottle with white vinegar that hasn’t been mixed with anything else.
- Cover the stain very well with vinegar.
- Sprinkle some baking soda on there.
- Allow it to be there for about 15-20 minutes, then remove it and clean it up.
- Use a vacuum cleaner to get rid of the baking soda.
- Repeat this process until the stain is entirely removed.
How to remove coffee stains from carpet with iron?
Yes, coffee stains can be removed with the help of iron. And I used ‘with help’ because you need to use vinegar solution along with iron. It will work as effectively as any other solution will. Actually, iron will help to steam up the coffee stains from the carpet. Here’s how to do it:
- Spray the stain with a mixture of water and white distilled vinegar.
- Closely cover the spot with a clean, wet cloth.
- To remove the stain, iron the cloth over it.
- Now, the coffee marks will transfer to cloth & will get removed from the carpet.
How to remove coffee stains from carpet in a car?
It is common to have coffee spills in your car and get your car carpet stained. But don’t worry, you can easily remove them, with the help of some easily available things. Here’s how you can do it:
- If the stain is still new, use paper towels to remove as much of it as possible.
- A dried spill should be re-wet with warm water. Then, you should try to blot up as much of the stain as you can.
- Dish soap, 1 tablespoon of vinegar, and 2 cups of warm water are all you’ll need to remove the stain.
- Use a clean cloth to apply the mixture to the stain to clean the carpet.
- Then dab the area with a cloth to remove the stain. Repeat the process until the stain is no longer there.
- To “rinse” the area, dab it with cold water and allow it to air dry.
Getting your coffee spilled on your carpet is common. But removing those stains is also easy now. Next time you have this issue, you know how to remove coffee stains from carpet. Just remember to clean the surface as fast as you can and also bloat the area quickly.
We hope this article was helpful & informative. Leave your valuable thoughts & suggestions in the comments!
Thank you for reading!