Growing Organic vegetables is something more and more people are looking to do as the cost of buying increases as the number of varieties of Vegetables has skyrocketed.
Vegetables are a part of our everyday diet and hold a lot of the goodness our bodies look for in order to remain in good shape and able to fight off illness. The problem with this is that many of our vegetables are no longer organically grown and are grown using very strong chemicals and pesticides.
However, there is an answer to this, and we can all be part of it.
The method to grow organic vegetable plants at home is straightforward and easy to do if you follow a few simple guidelines. Using the guide you will see your vegetables are grown organically and are free from all chemicals.
Why is it a good idea to grow organic vegetable at home?
- No harmful toxins and chemicals (This is a HUGE plus!)
- Growing organic vegetables is better for our environment. This is because there will be no chemicals seeping into the soil.
- This is the freshest food you will ever get!
- Fast and easy! No need to drive to the shops. Just walk into your garden, and you will have everything you need.
- It’s great fun and educational for you and your children.
- You will boost your immune system and energy levels.
- Growing organic vegetable in your own garden is also a great money saver!
What are the Benefits of organic farming?
There are many clear advantages of growing your own organic vegetable plants and showing you why it is such a good idea. It is worth listing them here to let you see why you should consider getting your hands dirty and getting out into the garden.
- First, by growing them, you are more likely to eat them, and of course, there are clear health advantages if you manage to eat your five portions a day. Indeed homegrown vegetables are much better for you than the ones you buy in a shop. Basically, by growing them, you know that no pesticides involved. Moreover, the nutrients are higher in them, meaning you get benefit from the goodness.
- Next, you will also save yourself some cash. Because you cannot fail to have noticed that the price of fruit and vegetables has shot up in recent times. The benefit of doing it yourself is that after you have the equipment. It costs you very little for the seeds, and all that left is your time resulting in savings year after year.
- The third main reason is that you will also be doing your bit to help the environment as there is no need for packaging. Of course, you grow them organically, so you are not putting any dangerous chemicals into the air. It is a well-known fact that so much is imported from abroad throughout the year and you can imagine the impact that has on the environment, so by growing your own you are reducing emissions and can feel good about doing your bit.
- The fourth advantage has to be the taste as it is fresh, ripe, and will be packed full of flavor due to having been grown in the right conditions. There really is no contest between the two, and after you try that vegetable for the first time. Then there will be no going back.
The last advantage is also the fact that you will be getting some exercise. And of course it gets you out into some fresh air. It does require some work with caring for them, but this is a lot better than simply sitting inside watching television. So you will ultimately benefit in more ways than one.
So, what do you need to do to get started?
What is clear is that there are several advantages. But the big question now has to be just what exactly do you need to get started? The truth is that vegetables can grow in basically any container. As the size only determines how much you can grow.
People have been successful with window boxes, greenhouse, to full gardens. Still, if you want to do this continually, then a greenhouse is your best option. They come in various sizes and cost from two figures to three figures depending on the quality.
After getting your equipment ready, it also pays you to know what you can grow, and in a climate such as that found in the USA and other countries. You do have a wide range of vegetables that you can potentially grow. Also you can add organic compost to increase the yield.
What does the list of organic vegetable plants include?
You will need to find that people will grow things such as cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, aubergines. Even herbs in their greenhouse, with them being ready in the early to mid-summer. In order to extend the growing season, you may also want to sow some carrots and lettuce later on. But to make sure that they are ready for later in the year.
Out of that list, it has to be the humble tomato that is the most popular. And if you are growing them, then two varieties to look out for are Sunbaby and Shirley. And you should have no problem growing them in your greenhouse with them being transplanted in the middle of May.
You will also find that both cucumbers and peppers are very easy to grow in the greenhouse, and one tip is to look out for F1 hybrid plants with the cucumbers in order to get a better crop as it will avoid having a bitter taste to the produce.
Ancient and Modern method to grow organic vegetables!
Some people would say that organic farming is a passing fashion, but changing to organically growing vegetables at home is increasing day by day.
The benefits are obvious when you consider how chemicals used in today’s intensive backyard farming methods can build up in the human body. Many people worldwide are switching to homegrown organic food, but there are a few things you need to look out for.
Important: If you don’t know the correct methods from the very start, your entire effort to grow organic vegetables could be a complete waste of time.
Believe it or not, growing organic vegetables is nothing new. Vegetables have been growing organically since the dawn of time, and all of the ancient civilizations practiced this. They used nothing more than the sun, water, and land to produce their crops.
Disadvantages of non-organic farming
By eating non-organic vegetables, you can have:
- Low energy levels.
- Metabolism function gets weak.
- Increase stress level.
- Feel demotivated.
But organic farming can change all of this and give you a completely new outlook on life. You will really notice a boost in energy levels!
The taste of organic vegetables is not the only advantage. It really does change many aspects of your life. It’s the time to change your bad habits and start a new life growing organic vegetables.
All that is left for you to do is just have a go and try growing something and see how you get on and never know you might love it. So go organically, grow organic vegetable plants to improve your health, and help the environment with no use of chemicals. Happy organic farming!